First, you can use the Weebly default social media icons however, this is not attractive way to do so.
Thus we recommend the second option which is using the Addthis social media buttons. In this tutorial we discuss how to add Social Media share buttons /icons in a weebly website using codes from addthis.com.
There are two simple steps to follow.
- create a account with Addthis website to get a embeded code
- Visit sharethis.com. Look for the area on the website that says "Get the Button" or "Get Sharing Tools."
- Select your Platform. For Weebly sites, select the "Website" option
- Click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- Select a Style. Here, you are given three options: Buttons, Bars, or Featured. For this post, I chose the buttons. This will place 'ShareThis' buttons anywhere on your website where you place the HTML code provided after step 5. This includes adding them to the end of a blog post.
- Customize your sharing options. Here you can select from a long list of social sites where visitors to your site will be able to share your content. Drag and drop the sites you would like to add and click the "Finish: Get the Code" button at the bottom of the page.
Now you can paste the code you got from addthis.com by following the two simple steps below.
- Login into your weebly site account and select the "Settings" tab at the top of the editor. Open the section "Search Engine Optimization (SEO)." In the field titled, "Footer Code," past the HTML code from ShareThis that is found in the section labeled "2. Copy the script tags and place them inside and at the end of your "head" tag."
- Now, when you paste the first section of text anywhere on your website, you will see the ShareThis buttons on the published version of your website.
- Or you can paste the code anywhere on your site by using the html element.
Note: Make sure to publish your site before you see the buttons appearing.