Reporting to the Manager Finance and Administration, the incumbent would provide efficient and effective coordination and Support of IT and communication services to Simberi Operations.
This is a FIFO position on a 21 days on, 14 days off roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/ Rabaul/ Port Moresby/ Lae or Tabar group of Islands.
Key roles and responsibilities include
- Ensure the provision of first level customer support to all users at Simberi Operations in order for timely resolution of IT issues and requests, with escalation to second level support with follow up when appropriate.
- Ensuring the effective provision of IT requirements to users at Simberi Operations.
- Effective adherence to active directory to ensure compliance with corporate governance and audit requirements.
- Maintain accurate information relating to the IT asset register at Simberi Operations.
- Effectively perform hardware maintenance as required.
- Effective completion of site based projects as agreed with the Manager Finance & Admin and IT Operations Supervisor.
- Contributing productively as a member of the IT Department and Simberi Operations.
- Ongoing education of the Company IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance by all users.
- Managing the best use of own time and other resources to achieve the required outcomes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- At least Five years relevant experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- LAN’s and WAN’s experience
- Official Microsoft certifications
- Experience with the Symantec suite of packages
- Experience with ITIL
- Previous IT asset management experience
- Previous experience within a mining, processing and manufacturing environment
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry.
Simberi Gold Company LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences on the 13th March 2018, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National and previous applicants for this position need not re-apply.
To apply for this job simply use the email send your CV and other relevant documentation to email@example.com.