World Vision PNG currently has a vacancy for ICT Service Associate Positions based at our Country Program Office in the Capital Port Moresby.
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Motivated by our Christian faith, World Vision Papua New Guinea is dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
Location: National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Purpose of the Position
This position is part of the regional PTL ICT Team and directly reports to the General Services Manager and indirectly reports to the head of ICT Services. The purpose of this role is to identify and support key technology initiatives in line with ICT operating plans.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide direct assistance to site based IT Champions.
- Second point of contact and day to day technical support to end users.
- Generates activity and status reports
- Researches trouble issue which affect multiple clients.
- Reviews checklists & scripts.
- Works with Vendor and technical support person.
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Installs & performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installations specifications.
- Updates configuration management tools.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuring changes, updates and upgrades.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Ensures that all technical resources are available for meetings that includes video conferencing.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client work station and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Reviews operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy & procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends new standard and products for corporate standards list.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance policy.
- Degree in Business Information Systems or Equivalent.
- Ability to ensure high level of quality and customer service.
- Knowledge of information Technology computer systems, hardware and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
- Must have service orientation with ability to lead teams.to organize, prioritize and delegate tasks while transferring knowledge and expertise.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work effectively with a diverse team of information technology professionals.
- Strong Organisational Skills
- VSAT internet technology skills with knowledge of installation and configuration of computer hardware and software applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Required to interact with all levels of staffs and management and the ability to communicate with and train non-technical users in the use of technical systems in a cross cultural setting.
- A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Interested applicants must submit your expression of interest and detailed CV with current Police clearance to: email@example.com by 20 March 2018.
Electronic Applications should be less than 2MB.
We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interviews will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless race and gender.
We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types are conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Some positions may be contingent on funding and/or donor approval.